In an Interview with Mashable.com telltale CEO Kevin Bruner revealed that The Walking Dead Season three will be arriving latter this year. Bruner told the site that Season 3 will “take an ‘unexpected’ approach” and to “to bring in a wider swath of fans”. This could mean that this new season will follow a new protagonist, and if that is what Telltale is aiming for then i’m terrified for the fate of Clementine, but oh so eager to find out.
Bethesda has released a list with all the Fallout 4’s Trophies, giving players a small taste of what the game has in store while some of these are the typical “reach a certain level” or “complete this story mission”, there are more than a few interesting items on the list. Check it out and start thinking about which you want to get first, because chances are competing this list will take quite a while.
- “Platinum Trophy” — Collect all other 50 Trophies for this Trophy
- “War Never Changes” — Enter The Wasteland
- “When Freedom Calls” — Complete “When Freedom Calls”
- “Unlikely Valentine” — Complete “Unlikely Valentine”
- “Reunions” — Complete “Reunions”
- “Dangerous Minds” — Complete “Dangerous Minds”
- “Hunter/Hunted” — Complete “Hunter/Hunted”
- “The Molecular Level” — Complete “The Molecular Level”
- “The Nuclear Option” — Complete “The Nuclear Option”
- “Institutionalized” — Complete “Institutionalized”
- “Mankind-Redefined” — Complete “Mankind-Redefined”
- “Powering Up” — Complete “Powering Up”
- “Nuclear Family” — Complete “Nuclear Family”
- “The First Step” — Join the Minutemen
- “Taking Independence” — Complete “Taking Independence”
- “Old Guns” — Complete “Old Guns”
- “Semper Invicta” — Join the Brotherhood of Steel
- “Blind Betrayal” — Complete “Blind Betrayal”
- “Ad Victoriam” — Complete “Ad Victoriam”
- “Tradecraft” — Join the Railroad
- “Underground Undercover” — Complete “Underground Undercover”
- “Rockets’ Red Glare” — Complete “Rockets’ Red Glare”
- “Sanctuary” — Complete “Sanctuary”
- “Community Organizer” — Ally with 3 Settlements
- “Benevolent Leader” — Reach Maximum Happiness in a Large Settlement
- “Gun-For-Hire” — Complete 10 Side Quests
- “Mercenary” — Complete 50 Misc. Objectives
- “Scavver” — Gather 1000 Resources Used For Crafting
- “What’s Yours Is Mine” — Pick 50 Locks
- “RobCo’s Worst Nightmare” — Hack 50 Terminals
- “Armed and Dangerous” — Create 50 Weapon Mods
- “Wasteland D.I.Y.” — Craft 100 Items
- “Never Go It Alone” — Recruit 5 Separate Companions
- “Lovable” — Reach Maximum Relationship Level with a Companion
- “Fix-Er-Upper” — Build 100 Workshop Items
- “Future Retro” — Play a Holotape Game
- “…The Harder They Fall” — Kill 5 Giant Creatures
- “Ranger Corps” — Discover 100 Locations
- “Print’s Not Dead” — Read 20 Magazines
- “Prankster’s Return” — Placed A Grenade Or Mine While Pickpocketing
- “Masshole” — Kill 300 People
- “Animal Control” — Kill 300 Creatures
- “Homerun!” — Get a Homerun
- “Touchdown!” — Get a Touchdown
- “They’re Not Dolls…” — Collect 10 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
- “…They’re Action Figures” — Collect 20 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
- “Born Survivor” — Reach Level 5
- “Commonwealth Citizen” — Reach Level 10
- “Unstoppable Wanderer” — Reach Level 25
- “Legend Of The Wastes” — Reach Level 50
- “Prepared for the Future” — Decide the Fate of the Commonwealth
Shovel Knight was one of the best games to come out last year. I loved everything about the game (you can read my review here)and i’ve been eagerly waiting this bit of DLC since hearing about it. And this is coming from a guy who doesn’t buy DLC most of the time. It may help that this is FREE as stated on the Press Kit page of the developers website. Needless to say i’m going to be playing this one as soon as i can.
A while back I announced that me and Aaron Morrsi were looking for game Blogger to help set up a new site. Well, today I’m Happy to announce that the site is up and we’re ready to give you the same great content you’ve been expecting from the both of us. We’ll be working with a team of other writers to bring you great gaming content every week. Check us out, and i hope you like what you see.
In a recent tweet Bethesda has announced that Fallout 4 will not end when the story is over (a huge issue i had with both Fallout 3 and New Vegas) and the game will also have no set level cap. Meaning you can play and level for as long as you’d like. This is…interesting news. While i’m glad to hear that you can play on after the story, how will they handle making combat interesting with no level cap? Will the enemies just scale up along side you or will it be possible to overpower everything that comes your way? And what about perks? In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, hitting the level cap meant you couldn’t gain any more perks, adding a layer of strategy to your choices. So will this lead to being able to gain every perk in the game, or will these be cut off in some way? We’ll soon have answers to these questions when Fallout 4 hits shelves this November.
Did you know there is going to be a Resident Evil 7? I didn’t until i stumbled across this teaser from December 2014. I’m guessing that due to the subpar reception of both RE 5 and 6 Capcom wanted to downplay this installment as it looks to be more of the same crap every one has gotten tired of. But that’s not the real problem. If that was all we had to worry about this would be just another case of Capcom doing something stupid, and by now i think most of us are use to that. The real insult is that Capcom has announced that they are remaking Resident Evil 0 and they are interested in remaking Resident Evil 2. This comes as no surprise after the success of Resident Evil HD Remaster (the original games second rerelease), but this does show that Capcom have no idea what to do with the franchise anymore.
Capcom clearly understands that the fans want a return of the old school horror feel the earlier Resident Evil games offered, thus the remakes, but then they continue the franchise in a way no one likes. While i’m all for an Artist sticking to their creative vision even if that means losing fans, The Resident Evil games are not exactly Auteur driven games, made to express an artistic vision.
Capcom either stupidly thinks that the poor sales and poorer reviews of the latest Resident Evil Gamers are fans expressing what they want to the same degree that the much more positive reception the Remake got or they simply don’t care. Capcom is either incompetent or apathetic, and i’m not sure which is worse.
Last Friday YouTube channel “The Know” uploaded a video where they claimed that an anonymous inside source from valve confirmed two things: Half-Life 3 is, in fact,in development. The script is done and the events are all laid out and at one time it had a team of over 200 people working on it. And we will probably never see it released.This is due too two reasons: The first being that due to the money Valve is making from their Free-to-Play games and the 30% take they get from third party steam sells, they simply don’t need to release the game financially speaking.
The other issue is how Valve feels Gaming Culture has changed. Valve feels that nothing they create can live up to the massive amount of hype Half-Life 3 has accumulated, and with gamer back lash towards other “subpar” games like “Mass Effect 3”, “Dragon Age 2” and so it, Valve feels it’s simply not worth putting their developers through that.
This isn’t to say that Half-Life 3 will never be release. If there is a massive change in Valves financial future, a massive change in internet culture or if they felt the release of Half-Life 3 could prop up a new technology, we could still get our hands on it. However, all of those are highly unlikely to happen.
You can find the Know’s video (my source for all of this) Here.
Scientist from Germany’s Hasso Plattner Institute in Potsdam have created a devise that can actually teleport physical objects. While it may not be very flashy or quite ready for human trials yet, this is an interesting step, and maybe one day “beam me up Scotty” will have some real meaning.
The device works by having one machine grind away an object while making a memory of it, then the second machine acts as a 3D printer, and prints out a copy of it. As of now it’s a slow process, taking about 90 minuets just for the small items shown in the video. All in all, though, even if this is as far as the technology gets, there are still several real world uses for this kind of tech.
I found this from an The Escapist website, feel free to read the original post,
Actor Robin Williams was found dead today at the age of 63. All reports I’ve found says it appears the beloved actor committed suicide. A few articles I’ve read has said that his publicist claimed he has been fighting severe depression lately. Robin Williams is best known for his roles in comedies such as “Mrs. Doubtfire”, “Patch Adams”, and Disney’s “Aladdin”.
This is a man who has brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people, myself included, and the news of his death is sure to hit a lot of people hard. I would take a moment and give my condolences to his wife and children. Nothing any fan can be going through right now will ever touch your pain, and i hope and pray press outlets allow you to mourn in peace.